Holiday Fruitcake Recipe
Description: Fruitcake is the source of many jokes. But, it is also
enjoyed by many. Once you stop laughing, we suggest you give it a try.
1 cup raisins
1 cup candied fruit
1 cup chopped nuts
2 cups flour
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 13 cups apple sauce
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons allspice
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Mix raisins, nuts and candied fruits and set aside.
2. In a second bowl, mix Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt, Nutmeg,
Cinnamon, Allspice, and Cloves. Set aside.
3. In a large third, bowl, cream together butter, sugar, beaten egg,
molasses, and apple sauce.
4. Add dry ingredients from step #2 above.
5. Add nuts, raisins and candied fruit from step #1 above.
6. Pour mixture into a greased baking pan.
7. Bake covered for about 1 hour at 350 ° F.
8. Cool and serve.
Got a favorite garden recipe to share? Email it to us. Include your first
name, last name (or the first initial of your last name), and where you live
so we can give you proper credit and recognition.
Contribute a recipe now